Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kara Hui Exposes She Was Once A Beggar

Source: Takungpao
Translated by: KAY

Kara Hui was appointed by Po Leung Kuk as one of their promotional ambassadors. Kara exposed that she once lived in po leung kuk for several months. She was once a beggar in Wan Chai and became a hawker when she was about 8 or 9, the police arrested her and sent her to po leung kuk and she lived there for 3 months. Kara said: "We had 5 children in the family that time, the judge doubted whether my parents can support these many children. Fortunately the judge felt parents love us, only let us to sell goods outdoor because of poverty, so I was allowed to return home."

She remembered during her days in po leung kuk, she received many educational opportunities. Although she wanted to continue learning, but she also wanted to go back home to live with her family. She expressed when she grew up, she wants to pay back. Besides doing volunteer work, she also sponsored 11 children, but over these years they only communicate through mail, never meet in person, she said: "Besides po leung kuk, I also sponsored many children from Mainland and Africa through World Vision, I forgot how many there are. I once asked whether I can adopt, but actually I'm not qualified, because I have be married in order to do so. If I got married in the future, I won't have children myself, can only adopt."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Release Your Feeling!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More