Selina Ren's fiance Richard Chang (Ah Chong) updated Selina's current condition today in a long letter on HIM.COM. The following are the main points of the letter:
"Make This Challenge More Meaningful!"
- 54% burnt surface means only 1/2 of her back, 3/4 of her shoulders and front stomach, less than 1/2 of her arms, palms of both hands, toes, and bottom of her foot are not injured.
- New-grown skin are thin, dry, and easy to break, but they are growing out quickly.
- Rehabilitation is very tough for her because she has to bear great pain. Depressed, cried, tired, still need to do it again afterward.
- Third degree burn means she's going to face a long term of sequelae after she recovered. It's impossible for her appearance to be like before.
- Muscle atrophy changed her body. Both of her legs are like a beehive. Injuries on her arms are like fresh raw beef. Other parts of the body look like they are taped with irregular shapes of pink bandaids.
- She doesn't want to believe it but it's not a dream...She's completely hopeless but dreams of hope. She wants to return to the past but can only welcome the future. She is afraid but still need to prepare herself and comfort everyone with her smiles.
- This challenge would be more meaningful if proper investigation is encouraged, if director and staff don't try to avoid the incident, if the media just want to get exclusive photos of the injured Selina, if they tell what they should've told, face what they should've faced, be responsible for things they should be responsible for, and improve anything necessary.
- No matter how long she has to endure pain, she's still waiting for the day that she will pass this challenge. I'm still waiting for S.H.E's next album. Maybe her body and looks are unable to recover completely, but she will be back, and will be soon...In the future, I believe, this society won't just be curious about her change in looks, there are more meaningful and significant concerns waiting for her.
Source: Ah Chong's letter / Translation: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment