Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yoyo Chen Pushes Femininity By Acting Cool


Yoyo Chen has a natural baby face. In order to get rid of her usual young girl image, she cuts her hair on purpose and puts on smoky eye make-up to be cool. She frankly admits she purposely changed her image to play her character well, changing her usual lively optimistic personality to discover her other self inside her heart.

Since youth drama "Sunshine Heartbeat," Yoyo actually been in the showbiz for six year. She admits in the beginning acting wasn't important and she always play characters like female student, someone's sister, etc. Until recently, she finally stepped out from this boundary with success, trying different types of character. She says: "There are three stages in my acting career. First year is filming youth dramas. To be honest, no need to have too much acting. Second year is a waiting period. Producers weren't familiar with me, so not much work. Until recent years I finally receive more opportunities, finally feel the fun of filming!"


Accepts challenge

Yoyo plays a third wheel in series "Beauty Knows No Pain." In upcoming series <<花花世界花家姐>>, she would play a top model, she said: "In the series, I would play Raymond Lam's girlfriend and is a top model. Because I'm not too tall, so this character is quite a challenge for me, maybe need to play it with more arrogance."

Yoyo says she needs to say good bye to those young girls characters and need to make changes in many areas. She explains: "I have a natural baby face and need to dress more maturely. In the beginning, I started with clothes I wear first. I won't pick clothes that are too young. Also make-up and hair style. I purposely cut my hair shorter. Even make-up is leaning towards mature looks. I hope to gain more femininity."

Stable relationship

Besides appearance changes, Yoyo says even her personality isn't like before: "Everyone hides various personalities in his/heart heart. People would become more logical as they grow up, but sometimes when playing games, they would become young boys and girls again when they are too into it."

In addition, Yoyo has been dating Vincent Wong nearly two years. She says they're in a stable relationship, but isn't at a stage of talking about marriage. She says: "Not this fast. Right now is time to work hard for career. But masters said I bring luck to my husband, would definitely get married and have kids."

Source: Oriental Daily / Translation: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

*Kay's P.S.*

I like this photo of her in another interview, pretty sexy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Release Your Feeling!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More